Saturday, August 9, 2008

Trip to the midwest...

The last week of July Paige and I went with my mom (aka Grammie) to Des Moines, Iowa. My mom's brother, Bob, and his wife, Shirley, live in Des Moines and her other brother, Tom, was going to be in town too. Bob & Tom were riding motorcycles to an air show in Oshkosh (http://www.airventure.org/), but we were able to visit with them briefly. Then it was time for the real fun to start! Grammie gave Paige and I person tour of Des Moines (I know what you're thinking...that it's pretty exciting!), but it was neat to go back by the houses where my mom grew up, the schools she went too, and the places her parents worked at. We even managed to have some fun...a the Zoo, the Living History Farm, shopping and a water park!






Me, Paige, Uncle Tom, my mom, and Uncle Bob




Paige and Grammie check out the gazebo in the back yard at Uncle Bob & Aunt Shirley's


Paige rocks in a rocking chair (on of her favorite things to do!) at Uncle Bob & Aunt Shirley's




Paige pets Uncle Bob & Aunt Shirley's kitty cat







At the Living History Farm - Paige sees a calf





Paige up in the back of a hay filled wagon












Paige and I at the Living History Farm







Paige at the zoo...check out all these Koi fish!
Paige and I in front of the train, which had taken a ride on around the zoo










At the Science Center of Iowa- Paige digs for 'dinosaur bones'



Paige and I blow bubbles with this big wand


Paige and I do some ' fishing'

Paige and Grammie check out a big snake..yikes!
Then we cool off at a local water park!












No comments: